"I don't know how you can live without TV!!"

That was what Cindy said to me when she visited me the other night. Yes, it has been more than 2 weeks that I have gone without TV! I did wonder... will I survive?

Somehow once I got over the withdrawal symptoms of no "Amazing Race", no "Sunrise" in the mornings or weekends, things seemed fine. I had time to catch up on my reading, writing my blog, and focusing on the tasks at hand, rather than multi-tasking. One of my friends does not have a TV at home and has not had a TV for a few years now...I guess that's how she manages to get through her studies!

Having said that, I'm looking forward to my TV... finally! I believe that some background noise is good for the soul, keeping up with the news or the fashion or gossip, or some type of drama series is a good way of relaxation.

So, tomorrow will be when my antenna is fixed... hmm... should I consider installing a satellite dish next like so many of my neighbours??? Hundreds and hundreds of channels and movies galore!! Alas, I think not...maybe when I've retired and have nothing to do but be a couch potato every day and that's when I'll get my money's worth!

0 comments: