Blogging

I've been blogging for nearly a month now. Whoever started this is a genius! I derive a lot of satisfaction from writing and it is a great stress reliever.

Jonathan Bailey from Plagiarism Today (26 May 2009) commented that a survey conducted by Technorati found that of the 133 million blogs they had tracked since 2002, only 7.5 million had been updated within the past four months and, of those, only 1.5 million had been updated within the past 7 days. Wow... quite a significant drop. This means that of the blogs Technorati tracked, only 5.6% are active within the last four months and only 1.1% are active within the past week. The vast majority of blogs are abandoned.

Jonathan then went on to give 6 tips to avoid abandonment.
http://www.bloggingtips.com/2009/05/26/6-tips-to-avoid-blog-abandonment/

I guess part of the motivation behind setting up a blog is that one must enjoy writing. It can be on any topic or a particular subject. For me, it is putting down my thoughts on issues which affect me either positively or negatively, it is a forum which allows me to communicate and update my friends on happenings as well as an opportunity to let my creative juices flow.

The process of setting up my own blog was a simple process. The fun starts in trying to create a certain look and feel of the blog, by adding a different background or accessorising. That took up some time figuring out which templates I liked and which websites to go through. One pointer is that with some downloads, there is a high probability of losing the gadgets which you have picked before after the download which was a bummer... then there is also the possibility that the colours you had picked out before might not suit your new background, so, will need to revisit the colour scheme.

On the whole, it has been a pleasant experience and a great way to pen some of my life journeys.

Hmm... I wonder what the blogging community will look like and where it will evolve to in 5 years time?

0 comments: