Introducing....ZAC!!




Remove Formatting from selection
After the agony of buying a car... here comes.... ZAC!! Zoom Zoom Zac...

Picked Zac (Velocity Red) up last Thursday, 21st. Thankfully, the process went without a hitch. Matt the salesman went through various mechanics of the car and its functionalities. Checked that all the added accessories have been fitted. Was surprised that Matt didn't realise the cruise control steering wheel also came with volume controls. He thought that this would be a nice surprise for me... but... I had already checked it out. My only complaint was that they did not have a replacement cover for my number plate as we could not fit it in after we took it out from my previous car.
It is hard to describe the feelings for Zac - I am thankful for a car which will transport me from A to B. - have wheels will travel! I don't feel any differently as I loved my Jazz!! It had served me well.
Having said that, I feel more secure in Zac, given the improved safety features in the Mazda vs Honda. Furthermore, it's a slightly bigger car (2.0ltr engine) than my Jazz (1.5 ltr) and it handles well. Mum said it felt more comfortable - she's happy, so that says something! More costly on the fuel given the bigger engine but more importantly, pray that Zac will not let me down!

Some pointers:
1. If you are a female, take someone along, preferably male, to buy your car. Thanks Chris!
2. Do your research, know what you want (eg accessories) and negotiate as best you can.
3. Once you sign on the dotted line, don't expect much follow up / after sales service. Matt expected me to bring a case of beer with me when I went to pick up my car... wonder what for?
4. Important to go to a dealer where you will get your car serviced. I bought my car from Artamon and they provide an additional 3 year warranty if it is serviced in their dealership. Not sure if the Parramatta dealer has the same deal.
5. Try to sell your car privately as you'll definitely get more bang for your buck towards your new purchase.
Am happy to report that this chapter is now closed *BIG GRIN*, hopefully, no more dramas.
Next.. dealing with real estate agents.... groan!

1 comments:

Charmaine said...

Nice, very nice... Is Zac named after Zac Efron? Right, sassy chick...now you have to find a property closer to the city. If you think car sales people display poor customer service, wait till you meet real estate agents in this current market.