Women and Car Salesmen!

Hmm... seems like I am not alone in my car buying dilemma. Was speaking to a friend today and she went through the same process about 2 weeks ago.

She drives a 4WD and went in to 4 different dealers to check out another 4WD. She had researched and knew exactly what she was looking for. Well... what do you know... a dealer asked if she was going to wait until her "husband" comes in, another was persuading her to buy the next model down... hello... she's has the $$$ and here he was, insisting she buys a cheaper model. Did she get any service??? NO!

What do these men take us for? Dumb? Lesser mortals? Don't know what we want? Incapable of making our own decisions?

As for me, went to another dealership with my friend, Chris and guess what, we were well received and was given the necessary attention.... but, I threw them a spanner in the works as a friend of mine called on the same night I bought my car andsaid that he might have a friend who was interested. Called them the following day to see if they could hold the contract for a week, they came back and said no but will check with the boss. That was Monday and I have yet to hear from them 5 days later...

I really do not have faith in car salesmen anymore.... wonder how the next generation of women will be treated???

0 comments: